Friday, November 21, 2008

Its coming..

My fellow countrymen,

It is with heavy heart and shaking fingers that I write to you this letter. Rough times are ahead. For almost 3 years we have been fighting, and we have survived. The enemy has grown bigger, better, more formidable with every fight. But we have not budged, and neither will we now. Cuz, you my people, are free men.

I know you are scared. Afraid of what the future has in store for you. But you shall not be ashamed of your fear. It's only human to be scared. But let not you fear down you. Let not the fear weaken your spirits. For your spirits are your weapons against the unknown. No battle can be won with dampened spirits. Promise me my friends, that you shall not give in to despair, you shall not give in to your fear. Cuz, you my people, are free men.

So, my people, it is time to unite under a single roof and let the world hear you. No matter how brutal or strong the enemy is. No matter how deadly are its stings or how cunning is his brain. You shall not give in without a fight. It might leave you wounded, scratched, bruised, limping or crippled. It might even take your life. But it cannot take your freedom. Cuz, you my people, are free men.

A soldier.

No comments:

Lesson for the week

My autobiography would have all that takes to be a bestseller. But with my face on the cover, no one would buy it.